Thank You for Participating in March Madness!
Thank You, Sycamore Families!
Because of you, our generous Sycamore Valley community, this year’s Carnival and Online Auction were a great success, raising over $54,000 for our students! Every dollar raised will be used to support Shark Fund programs.
In addition, the auction also raised $2,170 to support this year’s Fund-A-Need toward the purchase of a new Playground Games Shed (Grades 1-5) and Kindergarten Playground Jumbo Trikes. If you did not contribute to this year’s Fund-A-Need and would like to do so, donations of any amount continue to be accepted in the main office (please make checks payable to Shark Fund).
AND…did you know there are some leftover items from our Online Auction now available at DEEP DISCOUNTS? Check out the list of items here, and contact Sally Allen (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you would like to purchase something: https://sycamoreauction2017.shutterfly.com//11/2017_UnsoldAuctionList.pdf
Want to be part of next year’s Auction, including our LIVE event? Contact Sally Allen or Lisa Gross today, and get details about available positions!
On behalf of our students, Shark Fund, the PTA, and the entire 2017 Auction Team, thank you again for your support! Go Sharks!
WHAT IS SHARK FUND?
Thank you for your interest in Shark Fund! Shark Fund is a 100% parent funded, nonprofit organization dedicated to providing each student with programs that enhance the quality of education they receive at Sycamore. Shark Fund donations consist of parent donations, corporate matches, business givebacks, and auction funds raised in partnership with PTA that help support over $300,000 in critical staff, programs and resources every year.
Shark Fund invests in the following programs:
- Trained paraeducators in every classroom to assist teachers (7+ hours/week)
- 75% of the Librarian's salary, enabling weekly classroom visits for all students
- Progressive technology program supporting 21st Century teaching and learning
- Physical Education class for Kindergartners (twice per week)
- Teacher on Special Assignment, who works with the principal on all facets of school administration and curriculum development
- Reading Intervention for grades K-5
- Art Instruction for all grades
- Staff Training and Development
- Supplemental Office Hours to support Sycamore's community (medical, attendance, clerical, communications)
- Rainbow Room to provide social development support for K-3 students
These programs are possible thanks to generous donations from parents and volunteers. Sycamore has been recognized as a California Gold Ribbon school, and your support ensures your students stay on top. Thank you again for your support!
THANK YOU FOR SUPPORTING SHARK FUND!
Thank you for making a difference in your child's education by donating today! Each and every donation makes a difference and Together We Are Shark Fund!
2016-2017 Shark Fund Board
Shark Fund Classroom Investments
How does your Shark Fund donation benefit your child?
Click here for answer