Principal: Cheryl Lynn Situm
Sycamore Staff Emails
You can also access a teacher email if you go to their grade level page and click on their name.
Attendance Line: 925.855.2898
Office Hours: M-F 7:30am-4:00pm
Below is the link for the Parent Portal login for Infinite Campus
It will prompt you for registration information
For help on how to create your portal account click here
After School Resources
2015 Sycamore Valley
Fund A Need
Kick-Start a Technology Refresh Cycle
What is a Fund‐A‐Need?
If you would like to contribute to Fund A Need, click here for the form.
Local Control and Accountability Plan (LCAP)
Local Control and Accountability Plan (LCAP): Important new ways for parents to engage in decision making
What is the Local Control and Accountability Plan (LCAP)? The LCAP is a critical part of the new Local Control Funding Formula (LCFF).
Each school district must engage parents, educators, employees and the community to establish these plans.
The plans will describe the school district’s overall vision for students, annual goals and specific actions the district will take to achieve the vision and goals.
The LCAPs must focus on eight areas identified as state priorities. The plans will also demonstrate how the district’s budget will help achieve the goals, and assess each year how well the strategies in the plan were able to improve outcomes.
What are the eight state priority areas that must be addressed in the plans?
There are eight areas for which school districts, with parent and community input, must establish goals and actions. This must be done both district-wide and for each school.
The areas are:
1. Providing all students access to fully credentialed teachers, instructional materials that align with state standards, and safe facilities.
2. Implementation of California’s academic standards, including the Common Core State Standards in English language arts and math, Next Generation Science Standards, English language development, history social science, visual and performing arts, health education and physical education standards.
3. Parent involvement and participation, so the local community is engaged in the decision-making process and the educational programs of students.
4. Improving student achievement and outcomes along multiple measures, including test scores, English proficiency and college and career preparedness.
5. Supporting student engagement, including whether students attend school or are chronically absent.
6. Highlighting school climate and connectedness through a variety of factors, such as suspension and expulsion rates and other locally identified means.
7. Ensuring all students have access to classes that prepare them for college and careers, regardless of what school they attend or where they live.
8. Measuring other important student outcomes related to required areas of study, including physical education and the arts.
In addition to these eight areas, a district may also identify and incorporate in its plan goals related to its own local priorities.
Be A Mentor
District Volunteer Registration
ALL parents volunteering in any capacity at the school including drivers and chaperones for field trips must register through Be A Mentor. This is a one time registration. You will not need to do this every year. You cannot be on campus to volunteer in any capacity until you have been cleared through Be A Mentor. Please do not wait to register as this process will take a few weeks.
Please go to http://www.beamentor.org/srvusd to get started.
If you need to update your Be A Mentor Account:
Click HERE to log back into your Be A Mentor account to upload your documents. Click on “Login” at the top right hand corner of the page and in the drop down menu click “volunteer login”. This will take you to the Be A Mentor "login" page.
If you have questions regarding the application, please feel free to contact me and I will be happy to help you.
Sycamore Valley Elementary
Click on calendar below to see additional months
Current Events & Activities
Do You Shop Online?
Check out our Blog!